Mardi Gras is almost upon us! This year, Fat Tuesday falls on February 21. Planning to spend the holiday in Charleston? Well, it may not be New Orleans, but there are still fun, festive ways to celebrate in town!
In our opinion, eating cajun and creole food is one of the best ways to celebrate Mardi Gras in Charleston. These are two of our favorite spots.
LoLA - Low Country Louisiana Seafood Kitchen: This stellar seafood restaurant serves Cajun- & Creole-style food in a hip space. Their menu is full of yummy dishes such as "overstuffed PoBoys, perfectly seasoned Crawfish and Oysters, Flavorful Gumbos, and lots of Cajun Pub Fare."
King Claw Juicy Seafood and Bar: This Cajun restaurant customizable seafood boils and fried baskets. They use their own unique mixture of the spices, which elevates their boils. It is so delicious!
Looking for an event? Check out the 4th annual Mardi Gras Bar Crawl! On February 18th, Charleston's King Street will transform into Bourbon Street as bar crawlers come together for the best Mardi Gras party in town! A ticket includes...
- Drink specials including $5 Tito's & Cutwater, $4 Bud Light Seltzer, $3 Bud Light, and more!
- Professional Photographer and videographer to capture the fun
- Free entry (with ticket) to all participating bars
- DJs at multiple stops
- Tons of beads
- A signature Mardi Gras Bar Crawl koozie (for the first crawlers to check in)
- A custom Mardi Gras Bar Crawl t-shirts (for first crawlers to finish the Crawl with a completed scorecard)
... and more! Everyone dresses up and gets crazy. It is always a blast- and the photo ops are terrific!
You don't have to go to New Orleans to have a magical Mardi Gras! This year, celebrate in Charleston!